Saturday, October 9, 2010

Only hours away!

I'll make this short because I need to get to sleep soon...

We came down to the city this afternoon, and there was already a buzz going through the city. You could just pick out the people on the street who are running tomorrow. We headed down to the expo at McCormick Place for packet pick-up. It was almost surreal seeing all of the 10-10-10 stuff, and seeing all of the thousands of people I will be running with tomorrow. I have got my bib number, got my marathon technical shirt, signed up for my pace team, and stopped by the Susan G. Komen booth. And most importantly, I got my 26.2 sticker to go on my car. A Marathon for the Cure one, none the less!

My gear check bag is ready, my clothes and shoes are laid out for the race, I have the locations of my "fans" written down, along with the points where I need to "fuel" (ie eat pretzel M&M's). I will be transferring this information onto my arm with the help of a Sharpie so that I can keep everything straight while I'm running. I've done everything I can to prepare.

So this is it. 26.2 in the morning. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment